An important consideration is the proper management of the Date/Time and Time Zone configuration. Communication between SAP Hybris Cloud CTI Toolbar, EF Connector, and Cisco Finesse carry timestamps. If the system date and time are not synchronized the system can produce unpredictable results. Therefore, please make every effort to adhere to the following time synchronization guidelines:
SAP Hybris Cloud CRM, EF Connector and Cisco Finesse should have their time zone configured properly according to the geographic region. To configure the time zone, please see the instructions from the hardware or software manufacturer.
As a best practice, SAP Hybris Cloud CRM and EF Connector should be synchronized to the second. This synchronization should be maintained continuously and validated on a regular basis. For security reasons, Network Time Protocol (NTP) V 4.1+ is recommended.
Hardware / Software Prerequisites
- Web browser-Any supported browser listed by SAP Hybris.
- EF Connector should already be installed and configured. For more information on setting up EF Connector, follow EF Connector Installation Guide.
Connectivity between SAP Hybris Cloud CRM and Windows machine (where the connector is to be installed) should be established. The local security policy and any antivirus should also allow open communication on the following ports.
Prerequisites for Generic Connector
Here are some requirements for the Generic Connector.
Generic Connector Port Utilization
Generic Connector requires communication with the following components:
- <Client Server>
- Cisco Finesse
- Remote monitoring server running web console monitoring of ActiveMQ on HTTP/S.
- Secondary Generic Connector - only needed for a redundant deployment
- NTP Server, for time synchronization
The following ports should remain open on the firewall. The local security policy and any antivirus should also allow open communication on the following ports.
For Connector status monitoring
5222, 5223, 7071, 7443
80, 8080, 443, 8443
- <Client Server> is a machine running client application of GC. For desktop-based applications, it’s the machine address of the agent desktop running the desktop application.
- In a redundant deployment, both GC instances communicate with each other on the same TCP OpenWIre port 61616.
- These are defaults set in GC, but you can always change the default configuration.
If you need to file sharing and remote installation/configuration using RDP, you might need to open following additional ports.
For remote desktop connection
For a simplex (single server) deployment, hardware requirements are as following:
Number of Agents
- For more than 500 agents, please consult with the deployment partner for sizing.
- For a redundant deployment, two servers of same specifications (as mentioned above) are needed.
Microsoft Windows Server 2012 standard Edition x64 R2
A windows Server 2012 64-bit or above is recommended for Generic connector installation
Java Runtime (64 bit)
Java Runtime (JRE) 8 is required
Any of the antivirus as mentioned in Software License Requirements
A package extractor to modify embedded configuration properties
.Net Framework 4.5.2 for Service Manager