An important consideration is time synchronization between related components. Communication between EF Server, Microsoft CRM Server, agent machines, and Cisco Finesse carry timestamps. If the system dates and time are not synchronized the system can produce unpredictable results. Therefore, please make every effort to adhere to the following time synchronization guidelines:
EF Connector, Microsoft CRM Server, agent machines, and Cisco Finesse should have their Time Zone and time configured properly according to the geographic region and synchronized. To configure the time zone, please see the instructions from the hardware or software manufacturer of the NTP server. Client applications and EF Connector should be synchronized to the second. This synchronization should be maintained continuously and validated on a regular basis. For security reasons, Network Time Protocol (NTP) V 4.1+ is recommended.
For remote installation and configurations, the implementation team would require remote access privileges.
- VPN connection/WebEx/TeamViewer is required to connect to the customer’s environment.
- Remote access via RDP or similar is required to do installation and configuration of EF Server.
- Administrative access to server machines is required to install EF Connector.
- Admin access to Dynamics CRM is required to deploy CRM side configurations.
- In the case of Single Server Deployment, you will require one server with the following specs:
- In the case of Redundant deployment, two servers with the same specs are required.
The minimum disk space requirement is 50 GB. The recommendation is to account for transactional storage and logs.
Only one interface card is required per virtual machine
The following software must be installed on the server. These are required both for Single or Redundant deployment
Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition (x64)
Supported on these operating systems
The above Hardware / Software is only required if:
- you are running this connector with Cisco SSO ( this is applicable for both MS CRM Online / Offline)
- The connector is running with MS CRM Online via CIF
The following ports should remain open on the Firewall. The local security policy and any antivirus should also allow open communication on the following ports:
5222, 5223, 7071, 7443
*This would only be required when we deploy the application via CIF Framework
- <Client Application> is the agent machine where Agent is using EF Connector in the Browser
- MS CRM should be accessible over the Agent Machine
Supervisor agent requirement
Each of the Supervisor agents must be assigned at least one team.
Finesse Admin User
Finesse Admin User credentials are required
- Google Chrome Latest version
- Firefox Latest Version