Component level network diagram
Oracle Service Cloud CTI Connector solution consists of:
- Oracle Service Cloud CTI Toolbar Add-In “EF CTI Toolbar” - it is embedded into Oracle Service Cloud agent desktop as an Add-In component that contains agents controls and CTI functionality.
- EF Generic Connector - the telephony connector working as a middleware between Cisco contact center infrastructure via Cisco Finesse and Oracle Service Cloud CTI Toolbar
Communication Flow Diagram
Oracle Service Cloud CTI Toolbar Add-In
Connects with GC over OpenWire for bidirectional communication
Is a telephony middleware between Oracle Service Cloud and Cisco Finesse.
It establishes communication with Cisco Finesse via RestFul web servcies on HTTPS, and XMPP - to receive agent's real-time events.
The Finesse sends agent's dialog events inform of notification message (made possible with Finesse notification service) to its subscribers in the GC's Finesse client.
Communication Flow for an Agent Login
Below is the description of the communication/data flow paths between the EF Oracle Service Cloud Toolbar Add-In (inside Oracle Service Cloud), EF Connector and Cisco Finesse.
- The CTI Toolbar Add-In sends a "Hello()" message to GC.
- If the connector is alive and receives the CTI Toolbar Add-In’s request, it responds with a System IN_SERVICE message.
- The CTI Toolbar Add-In sends a Connect() request to GC
- GC checks if it doesn’t already have this agent’s subscription, it requests Cisco Finesse for agent’s subscription.
- The CTI Toolbar Add-In then sends a Login request with agent Id, password, and extension.
- If “UseSecurePassword” is set, then agent password is encrypted with Triple-DES before forwarding the request.
- GC forwards the login request to Cisco Finesse
- If “UseSecurePassword” is set, the Connector decrypts the password before forwarding the request to Cisco Finesse.
- Cisco Finesse shares updated agent state if the login happens successfully.
- GC responds with update agent-state and dialog state if there’s already an active call for this agent.