This release is based on the new architecture that replaced the in-house SIP Server and RTP Engine. The recording is done using Freeswitch. It acts both as SIP Server and RTP Engine for handling the SIP Traffic from CUCM and RTP packets for call recording.
There are many fixes and improvements in the new UI
|FreeSwitch is used as core recorder in this version of VRS. Control the SIP Traffic from CUCM and RTP packets for call recordings.
|Finesse Agents can login into the finesse gadget. When a new user accesses the VRS gadget, user will automatically be logged into the VRS gadget app, and although user is not created on the Keycloak it will automatically be created on the Keycloak as well. Plus by default user will be assigned an Agent role. This will happen to all new finesse users. A Keycloak admin can then change the role if require. Finesse gadget is not supported yet.
|Consult Transfer Call
In consult transfer customer calls an Agent and the Agent transfers the call to the second agent. A consult call is also done between two agents before the transfer. This feature is not supported yet.
|A conference call is an audio call in which multiple participants can join the same call at the same time. This feature is not supported yet.
Fixed Issues In this release
Call Recording Issues
Release Test Highlights
- This release was tested with UCCX 12.5
- For VRS recording scenarios Hold/Resume, Direct Transfer, Inbound, Outbound and Internal Calls are Tested.
- For Inbound, Outbound, Hold/Resume and Internal Calls two devices are used for Testing.
- For Direct Transfer Call three devices are used, one for customer and two for Agents.
- Call Recordings are tested on both Cisco IPC and Cisco Jabber devices.
- VRS App and Keycloak are Tested on Google Chrome and Firefox only.
- Singleton→ The solution was tested up to 20 call recordings for each scenarios.
Not tested with:
- This release was not tested with UCCE.
- In this release Consult Transfer Call and Conference Call are not tested on both Cisco IPC And Jabber devices.
- Keycloak Test cycle is not completed due to unavailability of Finesse Gadget.
- HA→ High Availability not support in this release.
- VRS Load Testing is not done yet.