The solution consists of the following components to capture, process, store, play and archive all the calls coming in from a SIP client such as Cisco Unified Call Manager. These components are deployed separately on docker containers.
Expertflow Core-Recorder is the major component responsible for handling Handshake and call recording between SIP Client, RTP Client and Voice Recording Solution.
The recorder has multiple internal processes developed to record each and every call seamlessly without any interruption or delay.
Expertflow Mixer is responsible for mixing each individual recorded call-leg files into a single session file on the basis of provided correlation information from the Recorder. Mixer after merging relevant files into a single file, converts it into .wav file.
APIs provide RESTFul endpoints for any third-party application to fetch a list of recordings and download and play individual recording files.
This is the UI used to search, play and download recordings. Front-end fetches recordings from the database via APIs component.
This is the feature used to archive all recordings after a specified time from the current server that hosts the VRS to a remote file server via secure file transfer protocol.
- The core solution is deployed in the enterprise Enterprise LAN .
- For integration with Cisco Finesse is done within Enterprise LAN .
- Hardware requirements are mentioned under Solution Prerequisites.
- Service discovery is supported via Service using custom Docker network DNS
Voice Recording Solution Communication Flow Diagram
- A SIP TRUNK sends SIP EVENTS to VRS for every call.
- The Core-recorder responds to SIP EVENTS with ports information to receive RTP Packets.
- The SIP Client such as the CUCM sends RTP Packets for both legs of the call.
- The Core-recorder processes the RTP Packets upon call termination and sends the call information to the Mixer service.
- The Mixer combines the two legs of the call into one single audio file and updates the file path in the database.
- The VRS Front End or Finesse Gadget calls the VRS API's for recordings,search and play.
- The Archival job is configured based on the preference of the current users of the system. It automatically runs to delete recordings from the host machine and store them on the remote SFTP server .