Example Use case:
The customer posts a comment on the company's Facebook Social Media page.
The same level of configurations are done in Unified Admin, for this scenario as done for Push-based Routing, except for the following differences:
- The admin creates an MRD to capture Social media requests from customers.
- Links the MRD with the Channel Type
- The admin creates a new List,
- Creates a new Channel
C2, sets the Routing Mode as Pull (instead of Push) and, maps the Channel
C2to the List
- This channel is now set to receive all customer comments posted on the Facebook page. The channel then publishes all new requests on the List
- A customer, John Williams, posts a new comment on the company's Facebook page.
- The system receives the comment and publishes this as a new chat request to the List associated with the channel.
- All agents who are subscribed to the List get the new incoming request notification.
- One or more agents join the conversation.
- The agent(s) who have joined the conversation get subscribed to the Conversation notifications and will see notifications such as, Agent joining, and Agent leaving that are flown through during the conversation.